2015: Part Seven



Alaska Adventures came and we did!!  My parents came to visit us in July and we took them to do a bunch of fun stuff.  The highlight I think we can all agree on was the trip to Valdez.  We had never been there before and we did a glacier helicopter tour.  It was SO much fun. One of the coolest things I've done.  Of course my kids loved it, and of course my parents loved it as well.  On our way down we stopped off at a little turnout about half way and went on an old rickety bridge, went on a little hike.  We like to do random things, and this was one of those things.  I learned something new about my mom, she doesn't like bridges, so this freaked her out!  BUT SHE DID IT!!  Got to give my parents credit, they are quite adventurous for being on the "older" side.  



Welcome to VALDEZ!!

This drive was so pretty, I am constantly amazed at the landscape in Alaska, around every bend, in every direction there is another perfect view.  This trip to Valdez was exceptionally pretty.  I couldn't help myself, I was just so excited!!



The Helicopter

Breathtaking views 360 degrees! This was one of the coolest things I've done, and while the kids might not remember it, I will remember how excited and elated they were to fly in a real helicopter.  I would definitely recommend doing this if you go.  It is and might be a once in a lifetime opportunity.






op


Let's talk fishing shall we?  This kind of fishing was more like hooking.  You literally dragged a hook across the water and snagged a fish wherever you could.  It was the weirdest "fishing" experience all of us have ever had.  Needless to say it was entertaining and fun to do.

Comments